summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December

DECEMBER 1ST - The day I consider the beginning of the festivities for the month...perfect timing as we received a beautiful fir wreath from my brother Robert and my sister-in-law   MaryAnn (different Maryann from below).  It is gorgeous, fragrant, and a joy to look at throughout the day.  And, a perfect gift for our home this season since, just yesterday, Glenn and I decided to forgo the annual Christmas tree (and, you call us foresters) -  bah humbug! (only kidding - more like laziness) We will be GREEN this year, but next year we will support a local tree farmer by chopping down a beauty - conifer trees are renewable (GREEN), too.


We opted to relinquish the crawling into the back of the under stair coat closet to retrieve the many boxes of holiday decorations; which crawling would be repeated, in about two months, to repack/restore all boxes.  Besides, I would have to really clean the house well before placing the decorations, and you all know how much I dislike cleaning.

Instead, we decided to use the time to focus on the continuation of working on house projects (paint guest bathroom, finish guest room, make a dent in the basement organization...you get the idea) so that we can appreciate each day more.  Our home/farm is our refuge; our place to not only work, but also to relax - our place of peace.  The more we get the house in order, the better our (or at least my) overall disposition.

This month our home will be sparsely decorated, but more fully appreciated. Needless to say, the wreath is ideal!

December especially brings to mind dear friends.

December 4th/10th (?) - Lois
December 15th - Jill
December 16th - Maryann                               Dates correct?  For the most part, I believe.
December 17th - Linda
December 21st - Matthew
 
I am trying to remember the exact dates of the birthdays of unforgettable friends/family from my life - past and present. I may forget the exact birth dates, but I never forget the person.  Many wonderful memories come to mind...bowling alley, sleepover, English class, camping, artwork....the list goes on!  Thanks to you all for sharing many remarkable times.  And, if any of the above are reading this...best wishes to you on your special day and throughout the coming year...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Oops...I cannot forget to add my name to the list - yep, another year older for me this month, too!



CELEBRATE !





No comments:

Post a Comment