summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Funny (?) and True


My daughter Becky was out-of-town for a few days.

 

While gone, I would go by her place to make sure the cats were fed, cows were in pasture, mini-garden watered and such.

 

I notice one of her fairly new garden chairs was getting fluffier, day by day. 

 

I assumed that little Callie, mother cat of two growing kittens (they are about as big as MOM now), used the padded chair for a bit of reprieve from her kittens. Callie is still just of shadow of her former self as she continues to nurse.  I could not deprive her of this luxury.

 

After Becky returned, I pointed out the furry chair seat.  She just thought it was Callie, too.

 

Wrong!

 

One morning she looked out her window and discovered a big, old, grungy groundhog napping. (Note: Groundhogs live in holes in the ground.) He regularly returns - ugh!

 

And, he not only naps in comfort but he snacks on her lovely; albeit once lovely, sunflowers growing next to the deck.

 

My comment, “The nerve!”

 

Perhaps, once the sunflowers are eaten, he will move on…we are hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment