summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, June 26, 2015

The Day Awakens


 5:15 AM. 

 

There is just a hint of light in the sky. I can distinguish the tree line as an undulating darkness, but I cannot define individual trees.

 




The birds are beginning their morning ritual…morning music.

 

At first, I hear a solitary bird. Soon, another bird joins in with different notes.  Shortly, I can no longer differentiate the number of participants.  The song transitions into a subtle symphony.

 

The music is happy.  I am happy.

 



The sky continues to lighten.  I can now see the pasture fence and the hint of green grass. The distant mountains come into view. Stillness prevails.

 

I feel like I am one with my immediate, natural world.  I am content.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment