summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, September 14, 2015

September Rose


My late season roses are gorgeous!

 

Can’t you just smell the sweetness?  I can. It is a fragrance like no other - not overpowering, perfectly captivating.  I grow roses for the scent alone. I can get the magnificent color from so many other flowers, but I cannot get this aroma. One whiff satisfies my need to ‘smell the roses’.

 

And, they are so pretty…so unlike my midsummer roses.  Yep…this is the same rose bush that the pink beauty pictured above is growing on minus the mob of Japanese beetles - yuck!

Yes, there is/was a rose blossom  under all those beetles.  Seems they like roses, too!

 

A Rose Is A Rose only when those nasty beetles have departed.

 

I love September roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment