summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, June 26, 2016

New Bird Sightings


Today was one, maybe the best, bird watching days to date for me. And, I have been having quite a variety of great bird watching days recently. Some I have already mentioned in my blogs and other recollections are still waiting in the wings (pun intended, of course).



Not only was my activity down at the pond being monitored by my frequent heron visitor from his perch in the top of a nearby persimmon tree, but…



I saw, and not only saw but took a few decent photos, of two birds that I have never seen prior to today. And, I saw them both within a five-minute time frame.



That’s right.  I added two new birds to my growing list of birds observed.



AMAZING!!!



Now, you ask, what are the two birds?



Drum roll, please….

BEAUTIFUL cuckoo   and

FABULOUS Flycatcher



A yellow-billed cuckoo and a great crested flycatcher.  Whew!



I never thought I would see either other than in the pages of my bird identification book.



Am I a lucky person or what?



Glenn chalks up the increasing bird bonus experiences to his revised farm management practices.  Add to that my improved observation and listening skills.  The result…



a very HAPPY DAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment