summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fantastic Fall


The fall season progresses, the leaves continue to drop, and the sun’s rays can now reach the forest floor easily through the breaks in the forest canopy; once thick and almost impenetrable.
 
The sunshine is bright, the leaves are golden and the mood is happy and joyful which is in great contrast to the ominous atmosphere resulting from the darkness of summer’s full canopy.  


Even though the earth is beginning its time of slumber, the overall feeling is one of jubilation and activity.  The cool weather is advantageous to my body and spirit.  I have more energy, more movement and more initiative than during the hot, humid days of summer… a great reason for declaring autumn my favorite season of the four.

 

One of my favorite fall activities is leaf crunching - walking noisily through the dried fallen leaves.  I even caught Jake partaking of this activity today.


 

 I feel alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment