summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Perfect Spring


 
 
 
 
The days continue to progress in a ‘perfect’ spring season bloom fest due, primarily, to our frequent April showers.  This is not always the case.  So, I am overjoyed with our amazing spring.

 

 
 
 
 
 
The earliest flower blooms, mainly daffodils and tulips, have faded leaving only foliage spears and are now giving way to candytuft,  creeping phlox,  wisteria and more.
 
white candytuft with sea pink
 
creeping phlox
 
ajuga
Each flower is unique, fabulous and a joy. A stroll among the blooms is such a pleasure...simple and sweet. And, I cannot forget the wildflowers that add seasonal color to the brown of the nearby forest understory adjacent to my garden proper.

 
wild lady's slipper

wild trillium



My wisteria, a disappointment last season with only one lonely bloom, has returned to its glory as the perennial is covered with hundreds, maybe thousands of lavender, pendulous and very fragrant blossoms.  I pass this bee-infested (the bees know what is sweet) fountain as much as possible adoring both the scent and sight.   

my wisteria in full glory enhanced by moneyplant beneath
 
An iris, transplanted into my garden last year, is the first iris to bloom in my all my flower beds.  How appropriate that it is the newbie.  The deep and bold gold garners my attention from both the near side and the far side of the yard. 

 

Getting ready, by show of a hint of color peeking from their swollen flower buds, to burst are other beautiful perennials:  rosy azalea, purple rhododendron, violet spiderwort, pink soapwort and many others. The flowers just keep coming - hip hip hurray!

 

Each day is decorated with a new, colorful bloom. And the scents are ethereal...take a long, deep breath - the sweetness is intoxicating.

 

The magic component is rain; simple, unadulterated rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment