summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Animal Tracks


Last evening we had a welcomed thunderstorm.  My gardens are happy…for the moment.

 

In addition, I had the pleasure to discover several different animal tracks, their impressions in the soft earth, on this morning’s walk.

 




I first came upon turkey tracks - a first ever for me. I hear a lot of turkey and, on occasion, I see a lot of turkey, but I had never come upon turkey tracks before today.  Seeing those turkey tracks was one of those ‘little things’ that adds joy to my life.

 

 Deer tracks, which are common here on the farm, were in abundance.
 

 

 Opossum was next…little hand-like imprints - so cute.

 
 
 
 
 
All these animals wandered along the same trail I regularly walk with the dogs.  We shared our space with each other, living in harmony.  How interesting!

 

Then, I noticed that both the dogs and I left our tracks as we walked.

 












I wonder…will the wild animals find our tracks interesting? 

 

Hmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment