summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, October 18, 2015

All About The Color

autumn  - greens, oranges, gold, burgundy and bare branches


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October is my favorite month.  I make a real effort, in a good way, to enjoy each and every moment.
 
 
 
 

The leaves are changing colors, the daylight hours are getting shorter, and the nights are getting cooler.  Chores; like harvesting the last of the garden veggies, cleaning up all the perennial beds, outside painting, become hectic in trying to finish before the freezing temperatures come and stay.  Daily life becomes more of a race as all the characteristics of this brief season are here signaling the fast approaching winter. 
 
I am outside as often as possible taking in the last of the season’s glorious color. I make the most of each minute.  I slow my pace to relax in the tranquility of my world.
 
lavender asters among the golden mums
 
 I immerse myself in the color.
 
And, I am having a grand time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment