summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, November 4, 2016

What A Difference A Day Makes








Yesterday, my lovely specimen of a sugar maple tree in my yard was full of brightly-colored red and orange leaves – an iconic autumn view.







Last night we had a sprinkling of rain. We
actually need inches as we have been dry for over one month.  Unfortunately, we must have had a bit of wind, too.



This morning I looked out my kitchen window to that same maple and saw a naked-branched tree. What the heck! The leaves were actually still there but, instead of on the tree, the leaves covered the ground beneath the tree.  On the down side, I already miss the blazing glory high in my tree. Yet, on a positive note, this was my opportunity to take my annual crunch walk through the downed leaves. I love the sound of dried leaves crunching under foot.



This is a perfect life’s lesson…enjoy each and every moment as you do not know what the future will bring.  I knew the leaves would eventually fall off, but not so fast and not so complete.







There are still many trees in color and just about as many already sporting their bare branches common to the winter season. 




I faithfully make a conscious effort to enjoy the autumn splendor before I eventually say, “There is always next year.”



Just a bit advice…do not wait until next year, take advantage of every moment now!

No comments:

Post a Comment