summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, November 7, 2016

The Outcome You Want?


Today is the day before the 2016 United States Presidential Election.  Personally, I feel,no matter who wins, that the United States is going to be in for big changes and these changes are not going to be good...for anybody.  Call me a pessimist, but I have been following the political scene for years.  I probably am more enlightened than a lot of the US population.  So, I am prepared in a way, yet I am not prepared at all.  I do see some hope, but that hope will depend on all of us working together to get back to common sense, basic morality and downright love for each other.  That will be a tall mountain to climb, but it is possible.  Can we do it?  Only you can answer for yourself. 



That being said, I went out on my usual walk to absorb as much natural beauty as I am able.  The farm, the surrounding mountains, the blue sky, the setting sun did not disappoint.  I was at peace…at least for the moment.



A few days ago, my walk was so very quiet.  I did not see, or hear, any birds. Not one.  I returned home with no new photos documenting the tranquility.  It was odd.



This afternoon, thank goodness, a few birds accompanied me along my journey.  I was content.



A world without birds (fill in the blank with your own fancy) is not complete.  Either is a world without family, friends, love, security, dreams, peace, goodwill, food, health, freedom, …



Will my world be complete on Wednesday? Or the day after? Ever again?



I truly hope so!



Enjoy a look at today’s feathered friends…peace!













No comments:

Post a Comment