summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Timely Teals


Nearing the pond, I saw a bit of motion in the cattails.  Was it an ever-present blackbird?



No.  Another few steps closer, the movement took to flight…two ducks.  I was disappointed that I missed them on the pond.



But, that disappointment was short-lived.  The ducks circled the pond a few times and returned. Lucky me!



I was able to watch the pair for quite some time before I decided to take leave and let the ducks enjoy their time on the water.



Once back home, I had to go directly to my bird ID book.  I was at a loss at identification.  Ducks rarely visit our pond. 





These two were a Blue-winged Teal couple, migratory in my part of Virginia.  



I am glad that they decided to stop by our pond and I am glad that I timed my morning walk perfectly to meet these two. 



My life is full of wonder and surprise.  Today, Teals.  Tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment