summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, June 15, 2017

In A Fog


I was in a fog during today’s walk.  Literally, in a fog.



I could not see as far as I normally can.  I could not take any bird photos.  In fact, I barely saw any birds.  I heard a lot of chirping and tweeting and warbling, but I did not see the birds that made those sounds.



Walking in a cloud is mysterious, but also a bit scary.  What would I do if I walked up on a bear?  It is possible and this thought put a bit of fear into my usually pleasant outing.


 Even the dogs, my two and my daughter’s one who I happening to be sitting at the moment, were a bit leery.  The dogs have free rein and usually run off in all directions.  Not today.  These three stayed within the short sight of me.  Of course, their close proximity made me feel a bit more relaxed.




The heavy overcast certainly kept the temperature at a comfortable level. 






At the pond, I could see the large silhouette of a Great Blue Heron in the top of a tree.  He was motionless and just about my only bird sighting of the day.



As soon as I returned home, the fog dissipated, the sun shone brightly and I was hot. 



The fog was definitely an interesting change.  But, I prefer a wider field of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment