summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Peppers Perform


The garden harvest is disappointing this year…small in size and number. 



I work with what I get.



The peppers proved to be the best producers in the garden to date. 


















I was able to freeze several baggies of diced peppers and can nine pints of pickled banana peppers.  Not a huge quantity, but just the right amount for our household’s annual consumption.



Glenn likes to add the green peppers to his breakfast omelets.  And, the pickled banana peppers are delicious as a sandwich condiment or ingredient in my homemade macaroni salad adding the perfect amount of tang.



The peppers are still producing, so we are able to have an adequate supply of fresh to use as needed, too.



Maybe, the garden yield is not as disappointing as I first thought. Meeting our needs is very satisfactory…wouldn’t you say?


No comments:

Post a Comment