summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Who Put That There?



take a close look...do you see the sunflower?


I just returned from a walkabout my perennial flower beds seeing how they were faring during these drought and hot days of July.  They have been better.



But, what I did notice, over and over again, is that many of my plants are those not planted personally by me.  At least, not in the spot where they are currently growing.



It seems as though many of my plants have walked from their original planting site to elsewhere throughout my garden.  Since they are green and alive, they will remain. Why waste such a beneficial opportunity.



One big surprise was a sunflower I just noticed growing in the field.



Now, mind you, I planted at least 21 sunflowers seeds along the side of the pole barn. Presently, there are only two growing.  Sunflowers are normally very easy to grow.


SMILE!

 But, there is that sunflower in the pasture that I know I did not plant.



A sunflower is a sunflower no matter where it growing.  And, I just have to smile every time I glance at it.



Who wouldn’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment