summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, July 21, 2017

The Dog Days Are Here

                                                                      

Today's early morning sunrise...
 


July is definitely exhibiting the dog days of summer.  My walks have to be completed before 8:00 AM so that I take advantage of the coolest and most comfortable part of the day.  Any much later, not only do my dogs hang their tongues, but I think mine is hanging as well.



Quickly, the temps soar into the 90’s and are sunny, humid and HOT.  As the temperatures soar, my activity level dramatically plummets.  Outside endeavors are forbidden, self-imposed, of course. But, inside is not much better.  We have no AC.  Ceiling fans bring only very minimal relief as the hot air swirls around.



My garden is nearly as dry as Death Valley.  I water, as much as possible, in the evenings just to give my perennials and veggies some relief.  I am only trying to keep the plants alive until our next soaking rain which, at the moment, is absent from the short-term and long-term forecasts.



When I feel really uncomfortable, I usually take a drive.  My car has AC.  Unfortunately, my car is in the shop for a fuel pump replacement – ugh!



Glenn has been spending a lot of tractor time on the farms. I understand quite well…the tractor cab has AC.


No comments:

Post a Comment