summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Silent Sam


Today was another mild day, so I decided to go for a short walk with the dogs.  I mean, I went for a short walk with Jake following or near my side while Buddy raced ahead, as usual.

 

Coming back into the yard, I decided to go fetch the day’s accumulation of eggs.  As I made the turn around the corner where my overgrown barberry knot garden is located, I noticed Sam, our resident mockingbird, sitting only a few feet from me.  I stopped and watched him.  He rotated his head and watched me. The cats started to gather near us, but Sam did not move.  Sam did not even quiver.

 

I decided to take a chance and detour into the house for my camera.  I asked Sam to wait.  And, wait he did.

 

On my return, again, I was able to proceed to just a few short feet from his position at the top of one of the barberry shrubs. 

 

Sam posed as still as a statue for quite some time. He was very patient as I took a few photos with different settings on my camera. Then, it was time for him to fly off.





 

And, for a few minutes this afternoon, I was in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment