summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Surprise Spring Bloom


The most recent snow is melting slowly since the air temperatures remain on the cool side.

I went out to fill the birdfeeders which empty daily.  My birds are a hungry bunch. 

 
 
 
 
As I slipped back into the house, I noticed, quite by accident, that my Rosemary plant was in bloom. My Rosemary is situated right next to the house’s foundation to keep it as warm as possible during the winter months. I even place a square bale of hay in front of the Rosemary to protect it from blustery winter winds. A delicate plant, yet it manages to bloom during the cold and snow of early spring…truly amazing.

 



Just goes to show that I have to keep constantly alert, my eyes open and roaming, to notice the little things. I love to discover the little things!

Also, not only was I surprised to see this plant in bloom but I was surprised to see ants crawling around the blooms. 

 
See the ants? 



Yes, ants.  I would have guessed that the outdoors is way too cold for ants.

 And, I would have guessed wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment