summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Gladys Taber Quote To Ponder


I set a goal for myself to have my reread of Stillmeadow and Sugarbridge (1953) completed by midweek. The continuous, back to back days of rain has helped me to attain that end.

Written by both Gladys Taber, my favorite author, and by Barbara Webster, a favorite author, has added to the ease of my usual reading habit.  Quite frankly, I often fall asleep while reading whether the book in hand is good or otherwise.  This book is a reflection of correspondence between these two authors; one living in Connecticut and the other in Pennsylvania. They share a talented illustrator, Edward Shenton, who also happens to be the husband of Barbara Webster.  I am sure many of you have noticed his name, as illustrator, attached to many notable books. 


Today, I came across the following offered by Taber:

      “Simple things make up my treasures most of the time. There are so many in the country…

      “Possibly if we all saw to it that everyone had enough of the simple things- it’s a thought anyways”


I agree.  I cherish the simple things, the little things that make up my life on my farm. 

Always.

Look around your world for the simple things, the treasures in your life.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment