summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Snake Magnet



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My friend Ann deplores, hates, snakes - any kind, any size, any snake.  Yet, she seems to attract them. 

 

They (copperheads, no less) inhabit her gardens around her home.  Once lush and beautiful, her gardens have now been cleared and reduced to a few wide-spaced plants to deter the unwanted creatures.  Her intention was to keep the area open for easy viewing and to rid the desirable habitat for one less inviting…to the snakes. 

 

Today, I was walking on my back deck and, for no reason, took a quick look to my left.  

 

There IT was…a long, black, tongue-wiggling snake weaving about the lattice at the side of the house.  And, do you know what was inches away from that snake?  A lovely Angel-Wing Begonia cutting given to me by a thoughtful friend.

 

 
Which friend was the gracious giver?  Do you really need to ask? You guessed correctly…ANN.   Ann does not even have to be physically present to attract a snake.  Hmmm. What else has she given me over the years????   


 


A coincidence?  I think not!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Not even there and I'm sweating!! I've been visiting OBX for 45 years (since before I was born . . .a-hem) and guess what I saw there for the first time last week . . . Yep, a snake. My snake boots are by the door! Happy summer!! Ann

    ReplyDelete