summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, August 4, 2013

More Summer Color


The mornings have been cool so I am able to leave on my walks later and later.  And, my bonus…brilliant rays of the rising sun piercing through the forest canopy.

 


The butterflies continue to flutter about my gardens constantly.  This year the swallowtails are abundant.  I can be in the garden almost any time of day to enjoy these beauties.  Most times, these butterflies fly so close to me that I can gently swirl my hand to catch a brief quiver of their delicate wings.

 


This morning I saw a small, very yellow butterfly. A Sulphur.  In trying to focus in to get as much detail as possible, my camera was directed to a stem filled with aphids instead…surprise, surprise!

 



My poor eyesight combined with sun shining into my eyes, I sometimes never really know what will be the resulting picture. 
 
 
 
And, that keeps my life very interesting!










cleome - my Grandmother called this the 'spider' flower on her garden

a late bloomer - this wisteria is a spring blooming plant


notice the bee at the bottom - another surprise for me!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment