summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, July 26, 2013

Simple Sunshine


Today, a day of sunshine graced us at the farm.

 

Finally, I was able to get a good portion of the lawn mowed after weeks of rain and weeks of growth.  But, as I cut, I could see the blades elongate in the same path I just finished - ugh!

 

More importantly, I was able to enjoy some sun worshipers.

 


The Swallowtails look larger this year.  All the rain?

 


And, have you ever seen this guy?  Simply amazing!
 
A Hummingbird Clearwing - not a hummingbird, but a moth!
 

 




 
Truly a clear wing - notice the purple of the phlox through the wing.
 
 
 

The Monarch just flew in frame as I was waiting for another beautiful and golden swallowtail to settle down on a bloom.  Simply majestic!

 



And, a bit of summer glow growing in my garden.  Simple serenity!
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment