summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Angel Wing Begonia

My friend Ann had a fabulous Angel Wing Begonia growing in a pot on her deck.
 
I asked for a cutting; and, this spring she handed me a pot with the beginnings of the begonia.
 
I transplanted the plant into a larger pot and placed the pot in the most protected corner of my deck.  I watered the plant as directed.  And, I watched the plant grow, slowly, during the summer.
 
This is my plant today. Isn't it gorgeous?
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The patterned leaves and the fabulous 'pretty in pink' flowers really add a spark to a dark corner of our deck.
 
I am looking forward to enjoying this gem for many years to come. And, I will be thinking of Ann, all that time, too!  



No comments:

Post a Comment