summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, September 20, 2013

She Has Done It Again...oink, oink, oink, oink


Yep, Becky has done it again…she has bought more pigs.

 

This time they are younger, smaller, and a lot more vocal as in squealers. But, they are so cute.


 

Yesterday, Becky purchased four Tamworth cross, 6 week old, piglets.  Now, her total equals six, future breeding , gilts.  She brought them home in the back of her pick-up.  Glenn helped her unload them, by hand, into her shed.  Ear-splitting squealing accompanied the process.

 

I have not been privy to pigs in my past.  I am amazed at how noisy they are.  They walk with a grunt, they stand with a grunt, they follow each other around with a grunt, they eat with loud, smacking and chewing and they drink with much slurping.  I have not seen them sleeping yet.

 

Now, my job is to name the six.  I can handle that task. Since all six have English breeding, I thought they deserved proper English names.  At the moment, no definite decisions have been made.  Any suggestions?
 


Hmmm…now where did I put that recipe book…

No comments:

Post a Comment