summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Be Safe!


I just went outside into the cold, with a slight snow cover on the ground, to collect eggs.  The chickens had feed but their water was about out.  Did I want to fill the waterer, getting my bare hands wet in 24 degree weather feeling like 18? NOOOO!!!!  Of course, this is a tad better than the 1 degree we had earlier today. But, my answer is still NO.  I will ask Glenn to give them water when he gets home.

 

Like I said, we have a slight snow cover.  There were dog prints and Glenn prints and Becky prints and cat prints and then, I added my prints - small ‘baby step’ stride prints.  I did not want to fall.  I hate to fall.  I would rather be safe, slow and silly-looking than sorry which brings to mind my mother-in-law.

 

Earlier this season, my mother-in-law slipped, fell and tried to catch herself with her hand once she hit the ground.  You guessed it… she broke her wrist.  Now, she is 86, lively, but not so careful. But, in reality, you do not have to be 86 to break a bone.

 

I will continue with my snail-pace baby steps, thank you!

 

 

 

Note:  The eggs were frozen inside their shells - ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment