summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Road Trip - Becky, Bush and BBQ


Yesterday, Becky and I went on a road trip. The destination, to view a potential Australian Shepherd puppy for Becky, was two-hours away.  Seeing as her dog Buddy has basically become my dog and is well entrenched in farm life at Mountain Glen, Becky decided she wanted a dog at her farm and her own canine companion. The short version…she decided on one of the pups from a lively litter of 6 and will return in early February to retrieve her puppy when he is 8 weeks old. The longer version…bringing the puppy home will be continued here, in this blog, in February.
 
The scenery along the way was beautiful.
 
Skipping breakfast and already nearing 1:00 pm, we decided to make a lunch stop.  The roar from our stomachs was just too loud to ignore. I, in a rare moment for me, chose the eatery - a barbeque place that I had visited twice before in the past 5+ years, first with Glenn and a second time with my friend Ann.  I enjoyed the taste experience both times, so how could we go wrong.  Beside, since Becky started her pig business, we have been frequenting barbeque restaurants in a vastly higher percentage than other cuisines - a kind of scouting trip for potential business.
 

 

We headed to the Three Li’l Pigs Barbeque in Daleville, Virginia. (120 Kingston Drive, to be exact) This place is hidden in a strip mall off Route 220, but is well worth the effort to search and patronize.  The restaurant is clean and inviting even though the adjacent business is Curves, an exercise enterprise coveted by women.  My stomach voiced its desire again.  We adamantly entered Three Li’l Pigs.

 

Becky and I were shown to a table.  We sat and ordered.  And, before the food arrived, I decided it was essential to wash my hands since they were well coated with dog and puppy love.

 

On return to my seat, Becky told me to look at the back of my chair.  A gold plate was attached and engraved, ‘GEORGE H. W. BUSH SAT HERE 9-12-06’.  I felt just a bit more important sitting in a chair that a former president actually sat in.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
More importantly is that we were very pleased with our food.  Pork sandwiches, fries, coleslaw and hushpuppies - delicious!  Becky had sweet potato fries with peach ketchup - perfectly southern!

Food looks as good as it tastes...try some!

Three positive visits equal a well-deserved recommendation and a return.  Three Li’l Pigs Barbeque stays on my list of restaurants to visit again.

 
This is the place to look for...comes highly recommended by me!
 


On the way out, the adjacent establishment did not even bother us.  Curves…yep I got them and that flavorful bbq et al certainly helped me keep them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment