summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sweet Melody


The birds have been particularly happy this spring as I witness the seemingly unending tunes by these chorale experts. My guess is that the winter was a difficult time for them, too, and that they are just as thrilled, as I am, that spring finally arrived.

 

Today, I was personally serenaded by a song sparrow.  The notes were charming, crisp and melodic.

 




And, to make my attendance all the sweeter…I had a front row seat.  Actually, I was standing, but you get the point.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was able to settle close to this small creature who had a ‘big’ voice. I could clearly observe this bird separate his bill, his throat pulse and hear the notes flow effortlessly.

 

Enchanting!

No comments:

Post a Comment