summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Puppy Play

Becky's charges, her orphaned puppies, are growing.


I had a great shot, but as I snapped the photo, the puppies scattered




roughhousing -  puppy style



Becky is a fabulous surrogate mother. Personally,  I would not have the patience nor the stamina to rear seven puppies from birth. Frankly, I do not think I could handle one puppy.   

Yesterday, the first of the seven was adopted.

Becky said she cried.  She was losing one of her babies.

Unfortunately, Becky cannot keep the puppies even though she is still thinking about keeping one. So, any more takers?



FYI - Rearing seven puppies is not only time consuming, but it is also very expensive.  Replacement milk for puppies is a great deal more expensive than the comparative for babies of the human variety.  Then, multiple by seven and that cost really adds up quickly. The last figure I heard was in the hundreds of dollars closing in on $1,000 - yikes!

On behalf of Becky,  donations are gratefully accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment