summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Monday, February 1, 2016

My Unexpected Expected Package

A package arrived for me via the USPS mail.
 
I ordered a book online, and I knew the package had to be my book.
 
But, it was the package that was really interesting.  Check this out….
 
the white squares of paper are covering the addresses - no need to share this info
 
 
I applaud the seller/sender.  This guy must have really searched the bottom of his desk ‘junk’ drawer to reap, not only a lot of postage stamps, but a lot of old postage stamps.  He was probably also very happy to finally be able to clear out a bit of the old inventory.
 
There were 8-cent Christmas stamps and 13-cent Quilt stamps on the front of the mailing box.
 
When I flipped the box over to the top narrow side, there were more stamps.  One-cent Tiffany Lamps, a different Christmas stamp (price was blotted and unreadable) and 29-cent floral stamps from 2011 - the year was printed on these stamps.
 
I had the beginnings of a stamp collection.
 
I am sending kudos to the postal worker who had to hand-cancel the stamps.  I bet this customer keeps his local post office in good spirits.  I know I would be waiting anxiously to see what the next package to be mailed looked like.  I can tell this guy has one great sense of humor. Or, he just really needed to do a bit housekeeping.  I can relate to the latter.
 
Another side of the box, as well as the bottom, was printed in Chinese or Japanese. Not knowing a bit of either, I do not know what the box originally contained.  Doesn’t matter.  Actually, the true bottom of the box was the now top of the box.  That juxtaposition abled the sender to utilize less packing tape to secure the box - brilliant.
 
I LOVE IT!
 
I have never received, nor do I expect to receive in the future, a box with such amusement and character.
 
Packrat that I am, I will be saving this box for the ‘smile’ factor alone. 
 
Yeah…the book was OK, too!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the stamps! I've got to admit, I have an envelope with stray stamps from years gone by, some that are 20+ cents, some that are 30+ cents, a smattering of 1-cent and 2-cent stamps to make up the difference in years before I got wise to the "forever" stamp. I love to use them on postcards, where two or three stamps will be needed to get the total high enough to send. What a fun package you received :) I don't blame you for wanting to keep it.

    ReplyDelete