summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, March 17, 2016

First Butterfly Sighting of the Season

For the past few days I have been seeing a single Lepidoptera drift past me.  I know it cannot be the same Lepidoptera each day, but it is the same color and the same size.
 
I have seen it in the yard, down at the pond, and in the pastures between both.
 
Today, this lepidopteran actually landed.  I was able to get a better look and delight in the happiness of the deep orange.
 
Checking my Golden Guide of Butterflies and Moths, I decided that this specimen was an Anglewing butterfly.  I am guessing it is more particularly an Eastern Comma.


 
Whatever this butterfly happens to be named; the reality is that it is a beauty to enjoy.
 
And, I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment