summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, April 26, 2013

Certainties of Spring


There is always one never-fail certainty of spring…it is always super busy!  I never keep up with my chores, inside or outside.

 

Also, the natural changes are fast. If I do not take a look-see daily, I just might miss a nuance of the season… a breaking bud, an obscure flower in bloom, the grass turning  to green, a plant surfacing through the soil to begin the cycle of growth over again…I look forward to being able to observe every single change.

 

 Also, the birds are happier as attested by their songs which get prominently more frequent and more joyous.

 

Also, our cow babies and sheep babies are born.  Each one so different in coloring and character and each ach one so cute!

 

Also, the sun’s position changes in the sky.

 

Well, there are many more certainties of spring than I first realized.  Spring is busy, but it is also an awakening, a birth, a growth, a change…spring keeps my life very interesting!

 

Yesterday, I observed a ‘new’ bird at my feeder…gorgeous

 
Rose-breasted  Grosbeak (male)


And, shortly thereafter, I (much by accident) came upon a pileated woodpecker. Within mere feet,  I was so excited, I could not steady  my camera - ugh…but, I was up the most up close and personal  with a magnificent  bird that I would have never thought possible…ever!

 
Pileated Woodpecker (female)
 


I am grateful to have ‘good’ in my life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment