summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, May 2, 2013

In Love With Spring

I have fallen in love with spring.

















Autumn use to be my all-time favorite season, but I have changed my mind. 

Now, it is Spring. 


















As I walk around my gardens and farm, I am enchanted by each and every sight.  Each turn of my head, each gaze of my eyes presents a new surprise: a pileated woodpecker flying inches above my head; tiny leaves emerging from a previously bare, dead-like branch; bluebirds darting everywhere; different colorful and fragrant blossoms opening daily.


Yesterday, as I walked past the wisteria, I was immediately overcome with sweetness.  Only at spring.


For days, I have been mesmerized by the melange of greens.  They are so enchanting.  I never tire of just looking.  And, looking and looking.


Our four bulls and Becky's horse, Ember


Yes, spring is special and I am enjoying and embracing every last second.

No comments:

Post a Comment