summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, May 10, 2013

Open Window


The first OPEN window of the season - a milestone when I think back over the past few weeks of spring - wet and cold.

 


Finally, the iconic ‘open window’!  And, notice the empty chair next to the window…not really - I took occupancy rather quickly to read a Gladys Taber book and to grab the slight breeze and to watch the colorful birds outside and to listen to the moos and baas coming from the middle pastures and to just stare at the perfect green picture of my view shed. 

 

My day did not end there…

 
 
bird of different colors

Glenn repairing the fence along the farm road.



Can you guess the animal?  Look closely...it is a pair of blue jeans and two feet???
our first radishes - I planted, Glenn eats!



May apple in bloom


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, later tonight, another open window will provide the mysterious sounds of the night.  I can barely wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment