summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Amazing Web (and, I do not mean the world wide web)


Today’s walk through the woods was almost like walking in a shower even though it was not raining.

The leaves of the thick forest were soaked with water from the previous night’s rain.  That water produced a constant yet subtle drip, drip, drip as though it was sprinkling.  The sound was soothing and peaceful.  I was able to remain dry.

 
This morning’s added feature was the myriad of wispy webs that dotted the moist environment.  Each web was slightly to very different, each exhibiting a wonderful view of one of nature’s amazing architects, the spiders.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Those lacy webs are certainly a simple pleasure to admire.














Head's Up - This blog site is giving me fits again.  The photo upload was just improved(?) and, of course, my usual way to add photos is not working.  After much trial and error, I have found a way to add my photos, but the process takes ten times as long as it did just a day ago.  I just love it when this site makes changes for the worst - ugh!  So, I just might be giving up this blog soon.  Or, it just might be giving me up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment