summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, May 9, 2013

What A Difference A Day Makes!

The sun shone off and on throughout the day.  By early afternoon, it was out more than it was hidden behind the clouds. 

 


When the sun was bright and shiny, the air temperature was quite warm, so Glenn and I decided to head down to the pond to get some of the early season rays. I needed to thaw out after the days of rain and cold.

 


Buddy followed us with as much energy as ever.  Jake, on the other hand, stayed home.  He is moving slower and slower each and every day.  Yet, he still manages his morning walkabout with Buddy and will follow me when I take my walks.  He keeps moving, slow as it is, but moving.
 



 
 
 
 
On the way down to the pond we passed the sheep where a lamb had just been born.  We thought the sheep birthing was done…wrong! Next, we passed the cows and calves, so Glenn moved them onto a fresh pasture.  They saw us coming and ran toward us in anticipation, expecting the move.
 
My intention was to lay out on the partially finished (yes, it has been this way for years) deck to read a book.  But, the birds flying low over the calm water to catch insects, two frogs croaking back and forth from opposite banks, fish jumping and the cows contently grazing in the field next to the pond kept my attention.  Reading would have to wait.
 
Glenn and I discussed finishing the over-the-pond deck. We have this discussion every spring.  Will this be the year it gets finished?
Keep watching my blog to find out.  Honestly, I do not know, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!
See that little brown lamb at the center of this photo...well, Jenny, our donkey, thinks that is her baby and she does not let that little lamb out of her sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment