summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Calm...



…before the latest, and hopefully last, winter storm.

 
 
 


Saturday was near 70, sunny, and so pleasant and spring-like.

 

The snow drops, the never-fail first flowers of spring, were in full bloom nodding their dainty white blossoms in the warm breeze. 

 

Buddy, Sam and I went for a walk through the still barren woods.  No leaves popping yet, but the sunshine coming through was glorious.  Buddy took off on his speedy circuit runs as usual. 

 

This, being my first walk with Becky’s puppy, made me a bit anxious.  Sam would run ahead of me, but would eventually stop and wait until I was again within sight.  He stayed on the farm road on the way out, but followed Buddy into the woods on the way back.  Sammy blended perfectly with the downed leaves of the previous fall.  I did not want to lose him…especially on my watch.

 

We, all three, arrived back home safe and sound. And, we all enjoyed the perfect weather for such a walk.

  
 
 
 


Then, the next day, it started.  Another snowstorm - ugh. Folks...may I remind you that it is mid-March and we do live in Virginia which is considered a southern state. 


our 'wild' livestock - turkeys to the left, deer to the right

 

 

Will this winter ever end, ever leave.  Spring was trying to announce its presence, but winter was still unwilling to leave.  Cold temperatures, blowing snow, ice gathering on the every outside surface.  Yep…winter to be sure.

 





And today, the first day of spring, it really seems like spring as the latest snow has melted and the first crocus is in bloom.  The breeze blows gently.  The sun shines brightly.  The canines, Buddy and Sammy, chase each other with sheer joy.

 

Yes….yes, I do believe spring has arrived right on schedule.  But, I am keeping my fingers crossed just in case.

So, before the weather changes again...I want to wish you all a  HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. Cyndy you really own a slice of heaven..the wildlife, the land...look at your beautiful blog header! I can't wait to read your posts as winter really decides to turn to spring! Hand in there! E

    ReplyDelete