summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Glimpse from My Window


It is amazing what I observe when taking just a glance out the window.




Today, it was a large flicker pecking at the ground for food. The feathers of brown, white, and black with a patch of red melded into a magnificent display for my watchful eye.  This bird may have been hidden to another who glanced with less interest.

 

A few days previous, Glenn witnessed, and called out for me to come quickly, a trio of huge pileated woodpeckers gathered about our back deck.  To see one pileated is a prize, but three at once a most incredible marvel.

 

Many of the local birds have made themselves scarce with the coming of winter, but still plenty abound to provide a moment’s pleasure.

 

And, I partake of that pleasure daily.
 
 
Hmmm...I wonder what surprise will greet me tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment