summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Mild December Day


Yesterday, we had another mild December day.  I will take as many spring-like winter days as I am offered.

 






Glenn and Matt worked on fences for the majority of the day. They fortified a wooden board fence with woven wire to make a tight enclosure to keep the guard dogs and sheep in and to keep the coyotes out. They also continued rebuilding the barn paddock fence.  This is a project that was started about two years ago and one that exhibits very slow progress.  The old fence is quite deteriorated and, in places, non-existent.  Therefore, this project has been upgraded to one of priority.

 
 
 

I washed a load of laundry and hung the clothes outside to dry.  I just had to spend time outdoors.

 

I worked a few hours in my garden cleaning debris, mostly sticks and stuff gathered and stashed by the dogs, and clipping dried perennials.  I just had to spend time outdoors.

 

I went for my daily, actually more like my fair-weather, walk.  This time, all four dogs decided to accompany me.  Avalanche has not taken the full circuit walk for months.  Today she did.  I just had to spend time outdoors.

 

The day was warm, sunny, and comfortable.  I was being called.

 

Did I mention that I just had to spend time outdoors?

 

A craft project was ready to be painted.   Dishes gathered on the counter waiting to be washed.  The floors needed touch-up vacuuming.  Jane Eyre sat untouched on the table.

 

I just had to be outdoors!

 

My time was well-spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment