summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, September 29, 2016

What Is Your Sign Now?





I was taken quite aback today when my daughter announced a revelation to me…NASA scientists decided, with more detailed research, to change the zodiac. It now includes 13 constellations, not 12. The zodiac actually always contained 13 constellations, but the 12-month calendar was not favorable to 13, so one of the constellations was dropped.  Now, all of a sudden, the scientists have developed a conscience and they want to portray the zodiac accurately. Really?



No.  How can another constellation be added I roared?  This is the first I heard of this nonsense. When did this happen?



Come to find out, many individuals now have a different zodiac sign. In my family alone, as Becky informed me, she was Gemini, now she is Taurus.  Glenn was Aquarius, now he is Capricorn.   Matt remains a Sagittarius.  I, being a once proud Sagittarius, am no longer. Lucky me, I am now the add-on constellation, Ophiuchus.   I cannot even pronounce it – ugh!



 I embroidered a lovely Sagittarius archer on a pair of jeans back when I was in college.  I spent hours on that creation.   Hmm…I wonder where those jeans are now? They were green.  I know I still have them.   I would not throw away a pair of jeans with my handiwork on them. But, doesn’t matter as I would not be able to squeeze into them anyhow.



 I wonder what an Ophiuchus is?   Maybe it is time to embroider a new, as in ones that fit, pair of jeans.  After a quick search, I discovered Ophiuchus to be the ‘serpent-bearer’.  At least, I do not have a phobia to snakes as a friend of mine does.



Now, I say...is this really change in the zodiac more science or more economics.  Just think a minute…jewelry has to be updated to reflect your new zodiac sign, new books have to be written and sold to reflect the newest sign, and horoscopes will increase in size wherever they appear.



And, aghast, think of those people who married an individual with a particular zodiac sign on purpose…probably already divorced…it was in the stars the whole time don’t’ you know.



Is anything sacred?



I am guessing not!



Bigger changes are coming. I better accept the smaller, less significant ones so that I can better accept the mammoth ones in store for us.

Well, time to collect eggs...






No comments:

Post a Comment