summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, October 1, 2016

I Celebrate October!


Today is the first day of my most favorite month of the year…October.  I just love autumn, especially in October. I make a point to enjoy each and every waking October minute. 



Even though the calendar says fall, my world still looks like summer…the past few days of heavy rains helped put lots of green back into the previously droughty pastures and lawn…




… the tree-covered mountains display their bountiful summer green foliage,


 


…pastures are peppered with Sulfurs and Whites – butterflies floating from wild flower to wild flower,





…the colorful kestrels grace my view, from time to time, as they swoop down to gather a juicy grasshopper and then back up onto a tree branch or utility line.






It might still look like summer, but there is definitely a hint of autumn in the air. I can smell the change.  I can feel the change. I can hear the change. Soon, I will see the change.






And, fall is not fall without at least one iconic mum flowering in the garden. Here is mine!





Can you smell the spicy fragrance?  An aroma that can only mean that autumn has arrived.



Happy Day!    




No comments:

Post a Comment