summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, January 12, 2017

A New Muffin - YUMM!


Since it has been cold and snowy and wet (rain and melting snow), I decided an ideal indoor activity would be to bake.



I opted to make muffins since I always have success with any muffin recipe I make.  But, this time, I elected to go a bit on the wild side and create a new recipe.



Instead of the usual two cups of white flour, I used one cup of white flour, ½ cup whole wheat flour and ½ cup quick oats.  I had never ever used oatmeal in muffins before and I was confident the combination with the other flours would work. Other ingredients included farm fresh eggs, milk, sour cream and vegetable oil. Sugar, baking powder and salt a must. And, just the right amount of mixing which is key for a perfect texture.




Work indeed.  The muffins baked with golden and well-rounded tops as should be expected.  In addition, the flavor…definitely worth keeping this recipe.



Not only do I experience successful baking with my muffins, which is always a plus, but muffins are a great alternative to sweeter treats like cookies, cake and pie.



Hmmm…what should I put into my next muffin concoction?


Oh...I know, but you will have to come back to find out.  And, only if the new recipe is tasty.  I will not pass along any flavor failures.




No comments:

Post a Comment