summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Muddy Dog, Muddy Me


The day is about 20 degrees cooler than it was yesterday.  Therefore, I had to bundle up a bit more for my walk.



Snowball exited from under the pond house here...


Once at the pond, I sat down on the combination wood and grass steps which lead directly from the top of the grassy dam into the water.  I was sheltered from the blustery wind by the pond house.  All of a sudden, Snowball appeared right in front of me.  He had walked under the pond house, along the very muddy bank, exiting at my feet with a big smile of satisfaction. 



Initially, I thought his caper was cute.  That is until he made a quick jump into my lap.  My pants, shoes and sweatshirt were now covered in fresh, damp mud.  A big dog, like Snowball, can cover a lot of real estate (that real estate being me) with no effort.  He did manage to miss my camera by mere inches since it was hanging from my neck, now just above a big blob of mud.








It never fails.  If I sit on the ground, Snowball feels obligated to jump in my lap.  Why?  I cannot make any sense of his action.  I usually am on the lookout and prepared to give him a shove, but this time…



he caught me by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment