summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Friday, November 2, 2012

Moving On Into November



November…the days and nights are colder from just a few days ago.


 

Glenn finally started up the wood furnace for the season; smoke gently flows from the chimney. There is a new, yet familiar aroma in the air.
 


 

A few perennials put their energy into one last display, diminutive as it is, before giving in to the natural cycle; the seasonal ‘sleep’ as expected.


 




 


Buddy allows himself an afternoon nap smack dab in the crunchy, fallen leaves of my sugar maple. 

 


He has a great idea…but, I think I will do my napping in the warmth of the inside of my home.  I look out onto the changing horizon of the farm as I slowly doze off.

 

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment