summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Newest Hobby


Throughout my life, I have always kept busy with one hobby or another.  I keep a list of hobbies/crafts I want to revisit and a list of new ones I want to learn. In addition, I remain engaged with current hobbies that keep me busy beyond my available free time.

 

I know I do not have enough time left in my life to do all the things I have planned, on my ‘to do list’, so I just slowly move along as the clock ticks enjoying each and every moment.  Bored…never, tired…all the time.  Yet, I have fun; so I continue along my chosen course.

 

This past summer,  I took a jewelry-making class, which has been on my ‘to do list’ for years, to learn the very basics of beading.  (see blog post 6-3-12, Check One Off from My ‘New To Do’ To Do List) I made one necklace and one bracelet during class.  I was hooked.

 

My goal was to make enough necklaces to give as Christmas gifts to family members and friends; female, of course, this year.  Oops…I let the secret out!

 

 Well, I passed that goal and just kept beading.  Every necklace is different; I planned it that way. I want each necklace to be a one-of-a kind creation.

 

So, what do I do with my overstock?  I decided to try to sell it on the Internet site, Etsy.  I am not making any money; I am just trying to recoup the cost of my supplies.  As for my time...I chalk that up to personal enjoyment.

 

I currently have my extra necklaces on site ready to sell; competing with about 1,084,468 (I just verified) other necklaces - no exaggeration.

 

I did sell one necklace to date; giving me a bit of a delight.  I guess I should consider myself lucky that I was able to sell one item considering the exorbitant number available.

 

In any case, take a look at my inventory to date.  I will probably keep adding as I keep creating.  To save you the time of scrolling through over a million necklaces, you can find my work at www.etsy.com/shop/MtnGlen or you can go to esty.com, choose shop search, and search MtnGlen and let me know what you think.
 
Here is a small sampling....

 



FYI - Etsy is quite an interesting site for a multitude of merchandise.  Beware...looking can become addictive!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment