summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dandelions Are Flowers, Too

Cooling temperatures have brought a slowing of the spring surge.  Now, I can enjoy each change longer; and, I am glad.






Regrettably, the cooler temperatures have not altered the  speedy growth and maturing of the dandelions.  These 'less than desirable' plants are pretty in bloom and seed; adding a bit of sunshine and whimsy to the garden; but they are also a hindrance to the gardener struggling to attain that weed-free lawn and those impeccable flower beds.




For me, I say, "better luck next year" under my breath as I enjoy the yellow rays and shimmering globes. 




I grab a seed head or two; take a deep breath and blow.  The silky threads float along the breeze until they come to rest in my lawn.  I am sowing next year’s memories.



I have retreated back to my childhood, if only for an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment