summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Overwhelming, Yet Mildly Orange


A few evenings back, from the living room window, I saw a flash of orange land on the silver maple tree.  As the norm, I was compelled to investigate.

photos are, at times,  out of focus as I shoot throught two panes of glass in addition to two camera lenses; other times, in focus


 

My eyes roamed, my neck twisted and turned until I finally saw that orange…bird; beautiful and another near first for me to see in my yard.  Becky had noticed an orange bird weeks ago land in that same tree.  I was unable to take notice until I managed a quick, almost non-existent glimpse as the bird flew away.  But this recent sighting was much longer in duration and within feet of my semi-hidden location. 

 

The bird moved from branch to branch; sometimes in full sight and at other times adeptly hidden by the still full foliage of the tree.  I strained to get a better look.  I truly valued those few minutes of watching that stunning orange bird! When would I get that chance again?


 

Days later, I am still trying to decide on the species of that bird. I really have only two choices: a Baltimore Oriole or a Summer Tanager; female, to be sure.

 

 
 
My precarious vote…Baltimore Oriole.

 
 
 
 

Your vote?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment