summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pics That Make Me Smile and stink bug update

 
I was going to post just one photo today - the beginning of one of my sugar maples turning red, but I went out with Glenn to check the flerd near dusk and I was rewarded with many photos ops.
 
Animals in motion tend to blurr in my excitement to get the 'shot' - please use a bit of imagination.
 



beginning of the red blaze....

a broken section of split rail fence in the woods from falling trees becomes a mini split rail in my yard

a deer running for cover

moon over the sky of dusk


Glenn checking the flerd under a colorful late evening sky

I was ready, camera  in hand,  as this heron flew for a moment's rest in a nearby tree top - what a treat!

heron on the fly


Update:  On a unpleasant note...Today was the worst ever in terms of dealing with the stink bugs.  They are every where and in plaque-like numbers. Going into or out of my house, I am constantly hit by flying stink bugs and one or two land on me.  I opened the door to my car and counted 25 hanging out around the door seal - this was only one door, multiply by four.    The window screens are covered with 50 (estimate on the low side) at one time.  The bugs crawl inside pockets of the laundry hanging out to dry, or into shoes airing outside. Glenn even started using his old shop vac to vacuum up hundreds at a time.  Whew...the stench; it makes me ill.  The jars of gasoline are filled within hours - it is a constant job catching the bugs inside the house; outside, the problem is worse.  So, what did I do with one of today's jars....




I have no sympathy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment