summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Seasonal Slide


The weather is changing.

 

Mornings and evenings are both cooler; afternoons still offering heat.


 

The cool morning air causes the pond to produce an ethereal mist floating above the warm water of the pond; drifting off with the slightest breeze.

 


Even the nearby South River produces its own mist; a ribbon of enchantment following the path of the flowing water giving me insight as to the river’s location within my view shed.


 

My surroundings feel common to late summer with a dash of autumn; crickets in abundance with nonstop chirping, the sun shining noticeably lower in the sky, apples ripening in my small orchard (I just made my fourth apple pie of the season today), goldenrod dotting the pastures, and suggestive hints of the fabulous leaf color to come.


 

I am energized as my favorite season nears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment