summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

I am still in my cooking mode.
 
My newest recipe attempt…Brown Sugar Meatloaf.  This particular recipe came from my friend Ann.  Yes, the friend I rarely see and that, my dear readers, has not changed.
 
I have not made any type of meatloaf since I have been doing my own cooking.  My Mom occasionally made meatloaf and Glenn said his mother made meatloaf all the time.
 
When I did get the meatloaf urge, Glenn quickly dispelled my anticipation by saying that he did not like meatloaf.  What is there not to like?  Glenn likes beef, ground beef and any other cut of beef found on the bovine.  How could he not like meatloaf?  Thus, the menu always changed and the meatloaf was never made…until the other day.
 
Again, like usual, I made the recipe my own by making minor revisions to the recipe I was given.
 
I used 2 pounds of ground beef instead of 1 ½ pounds since our ground beef is packaged in one pound packages.  I used buttermilk since I had that on hand, from my making my KFC Cole Slaw, instead of regular milk, half & half or cream as suggested.  Pretty much, the remaining ingredients remained the same.
 
I made two loaves.  Ann suggested freezing one loaf for later.  I just refrigerated loaf two for the next day. 
 
Drum roll, please.
 

 
The meatloaf was fabulous right out of the oven and even as cold leftovers.  And, served with the KFC Cole Slaw and baked potatoes (our homegrown variety, of course), the meal was so satisfying.
 
Glenn’s comment, “You can make that meatloaf again. It was DELICIOUS! “
 
After near 40 years of marriage, I finally have his approval to make meatloaf.
 
Note:  Glenn takes credit for the meatloaf tasting so good because I used our premium South Poll beef.  Whatever…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment