summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

summer greens at Mountain Glen Farm

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Soft Bananas


There are (were) three bananas sitting on my kitchen counter.  They are over mature as far as eating bananas go, but not quite as rotten as I like my baking bananas.   But, I was tired of looking at these fruits deteriorating by the minute.  If it was summer, the kitchen would be filled with fruit flies.  Good thing it is not summer.

 

I decided to make a loaf of banana bread.  I usually use my Mother-in-law’s tried and true recipe, but I wanted to be a bit more adventurous today.  I had already made my own version of tzatziki sauce for ground lamb burgers (so good - now we know the attraction for our huge and ever-present coyote population) earlier in the week which was followed by my own homemade pizza, crust and all, twice thereafter.  The old standby banana bread just would not do.

 

So, I searched the net and the first recipe to appear on the screen was Chocolate Banana Bread.  I love chocolate.  Glenn usually passes on Chocolate.  Glenn loves banana bread especially with nuts.  We have some precious black walnuts cracked and gifted to us by the guy we give hunting rights to on our farm.  He collected the whole walnuts from our farm and returned them in a very edible form.  Glenn eats those nuts wisely as he knows how hard it is too pick them out of the shells. Those black walnuts would also definitely make a special banana bread.  I do not like black walnuts.

 

Chocolate, black walnuts, chocolate, black walnuts.

 

Chocolate won!  I had no doubts.

 

And, that chocolate banana bread is (was) so delicious particularly with a glass of milk.

 

That banana bread…gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment